Today’s outfit is in honor of Jane Smiley’s academic satire Moo, which I read a long time ago and loved. After working at large universities for 15 years it now reads as narrative non-fiction, and I love it even more and will not stop talking about it.
The setting is a Midwestern ag school, so this blouse with prize-winning cows and pigs really spoke to me. Earl Butz is a secret 700-lb pig who’s being studied by a professor to see how fat he gets. And there’s just all kinds of cray-cray like that, where you go, “YES! That’s what it’s like!”
- Blouse: Odille (Anthropologie), thrifted from my neighborhood Goodwill
- Skirt: Rainbow Fashions in STL
- Frye Campus boots: Astrid’s Rabat in Noe Valley
- Belt: thrifted from Savers
- Leopard earrings: from Ann
- Ring: F21
- Horse charm bracelet: thrifted in Evansville
- Green beads (2): my kids’ school’s rummage sale; STL street fair
- Sunglasses: Greetings in Bloomington, IN
Photos by Dewey at Sproul Hall, the main administration building at Cal.