Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!
Head to toe patterns. All clothes should be like this. Why go around with plain clothes?
Pants & shirt: JCPenney; Belt: Gap, 23 yrs ago; Loafers: Bass Outlet; Earrings: Sears; Sunglasses: Air & Space Museum gift shop.
Photos by Sandy at Edwards Stadium, 9/9/13.
Love ‘em. Kind of surprised to find this at Target. I’m not sure what it’s referencing, but I thought it was beautiful.
Top & bottoms: Target; Sandals: 9West from Overstock.com; Black bangle: Pink in Burlingame; Other bracelets & earrings: thrifted; Sunglasses: Tsering Jewelry.
Photos by Whitney at Haas Pavilion.
Coogi/Lilly: Sporty & Bright
I love Coogi. I love those big huge men’s jeans with the extremely adorned back pockets, and the coordinating hoodies. So by extension I like the womenswear too. This top in particular has a lot going on, and I couldn’t help noticing how similar it is in some respects to my Lilly Pulitzer vintage golf skirt, and I thought, what a beautiful and complex example of material culture I’m wearing.
- Top: Factory2U in the Mission
- Vintage Lilly Pulitzer skirt & chain bracelet: thrifted long ago in Indiana
- Espadrille wedges: Target
- Pearls: Macy’s
- Gold necklace: Vintage Wearhouse in Bloomington, IN
- Spike bracelet: Avril Lavigne for Kohl’s
- Earrings: Charlotte Russe
- Sunglasses: Walgreens
Photos by Hemisha at Barrows Hall.
I saw this awesome skirt and loved it because it was so faux-Versace, then a month later, I found the blouse in the same store.
- Skirt & top: Bloom, in the Tanforan Mall
- Cuffs: Charlotte Russe, also in the Tanforan Mall
- Vintage 1960’s Herbert Levine leopard pumps & sunglasses: Mars on Telegraph
- Earrings: Joan Rivers for QVC
Photos on Telegraph Ave. by Emily, and up close at home by Buster.
Just Professing My Love Again
I can’t overstate how much I love the Abstract Expressionists, so I’m saying it in two languages: English and Fashion. That’s why I bought these pieces (separately, in different years at different stores). I was inspired to put them all together by a feature in Elle on head to toe prints a few years ago.
The center pics are Franz Kline (L) and Jackson Pollack.
- Vintage 50’s/60’s blouse: thrifted in Evansville at St. Vincent De Paul
- Skirt & some bracelets: F21
- Leggings and jacket: H&M
- Mary Janes: Hot Topic
- Earrings: The Icing
- Other bracelets: thrifted, TJ Maxx
- Sunglasses: Tsering Jewelry on Durant
Photos by Jeff at Valley Life Sciences Building.