Winter Wood Fairy
With leaves wrapped around my legs and hanging from my ears, and bark covering my feet, I felt like I should be darting around the woods.
Instead I stayed in my office and talked with students. I really missed them over the break!
(Here’s when I was a summer wood fairy.)
- Blouse (Ann Taylor) & booties (9West): thrifted from the Excelsior Goodwill
- Skirt & belt: thrifted from Savers
- Tights: somewhere in the 90’s
- Earrings: The Icing
- Sunglasses: Tsering Jewelry on Durant
Photos by Christine at Dwinelle Hall.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
My friend recently did a contemporary costuming of this production. I kind of think I could be one of the Wood Fairies.
I LOVE this floral print. It reminds me of shiny fancy wallpaper (maybe faux-fancy), or an oil painting from the museum wing I usually avoid. It was $10 at H&M, and there were two women discussing it as I was shopping. One said to the other, “is this pretty? Or will I look like a sofa?” Her friend said she’d look like a sofa. I should have convinced her to be a Wood Fairy with me.
Note the shoes. I bought them, along with a pink dress with sheer black overlay, as a reward for a promotion 13 yrs ago. Also note the earrings. I like how they look like some kind of hanging weeping blooms.
- Dress: H&M
- Platforms: Classified, from some store on Melrose
- Tights: ?
- Earrings & pink bracelet: Sears
- Green bracelet: Claire’s
- Sunglasses: dollar store in my neighborhood
Photos by Sandy near Haas Pavilion and Dwinelle Annex. That tree is growing in Strawberry Creek.